It seems like we have been waiting forever for this!
At last, the awesome Enduro World Series kicks off – the first ever race is in Punta Ala, Italy. It promises to be a fantastic start to the series and competition is set to be fierce. I’ve been arguing/debating/fighting with friends for months as to who we think could take the crown overall, and it’s absolutely wide open. Even for this first race, it’s impossible to say…..but here’s my thoughts:
– Dan Atherton. Looking strong, has been training hard all season and smashed it at the last 2 UK events he was at.
– Fabien Barel. You simply cannot discount one of the best all round riders on the planet. Fab is looking really fast on his new Canyon and has been working hard to get even fitter than he already is.
– Manuel Ducci – the super-fast Italian is always a danger man, on his new Ibis Mojo HD, he is someone to watch for sure.
– Jerome Clementz – the diminutive Frenchman is arguably the most successful Enduro athlete on the planet – can he deliver in Punta Ala?
– Alex Lupato – after his heroic ride in Sestri Levante 2 weeks ago at SuperEnduro (smashing it even with snapped bars after a huge crash), you cannot overlook the young Italian who has really come to the fore in 2013
Can’t wait to see who takes the first win – I might have to get to the bookies and get some bets down!
In the meantime, here’s the preview video and more info on this weekend’s race – and the race itself will be shown on Dirt TV